By accessing and browsing our website, you confirm that you accept and give your consent to the processing of your personal data as described in this Policy.
You are advised to read this Policy carefully before using our website and the services provided through it.
Updated: 16th December 2019
Information about us
This website is owned and operated by Dorfold Hall Ltd. We are a limited company registered in England under company number 11091836. Our registered office is Dorfold Hall, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 8LD.
This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons about whom the Dorfold Hall / Dorfold Hall Events holds information. By ‘information’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means the Dorfold Hall / Dorfold Hall Events and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- if required, your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code.
- information related to your attendance of, and interest in, our exhibitions, events, art fairs, artists and artworks;
- information about you that you give us in person, at our events or by filling in forms on our website www.dorfold.com (e.g. the ‘Subscribe’ section on our website to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise];
- information in relation to your purchase of our artwork or use of our services; and when browsing our website, standard Google Analytics data such as your IP address, browser type.
How we collect information about you
- collecting information you give to us when you purchase any artwork from us, visit us at the New
Art Centre or at an art fair;
- you subscribe to our mailing list on our website; and
- you give us information in person, over the phone, by email, or by post.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- provide information about our services to you;
- keep you informed about our exhibitions and open days and other events that we think you may find interesting;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- communicate with you; and
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also automatically collect technical information about the device used by you to access our website (for example, the internet protocol (IP) address of the device and the characteristics of such device) and about your visit (for example, the pages viewed by you, how you moved about our website and how you interacted with particular ages).
We may use such information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure and to improve our website and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
Where we store your personal information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by individuals based outside the EEA who work for us or one of the hirers using our platform. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Security of your personal information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted and any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on Dorfold Hall or Dorfold Hall Events business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research: we may collect technical information about the device used by you to access our website (for example, the internet protocol (IP) address of the device and the characteristics of such device) and about your visit (for example, the pages viewed by you, how you moved about our website and how you interacted with particular pages). We may use such information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure and to improve our website and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
Sharing your information
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with:
- third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your enquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
- Our external website developers, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website (though such information will be anonymised or pseudonymised where possible so that you cannot be identified)
- Any actual or prospective buyer of our business or its asset
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section; and
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances
+44 (0) 1270 625245
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing (to Dorfold Hall, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 8LD) and we will respond within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change by emailing us at the following email address: email@example.com
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about events (i.e. our postal invitations, email invitations or email alerts). You can unsubscribe from receiving such information at any time. You can unsubscribe from any electronic mailing we send you by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by:
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephoning us on +44 (0) 1270 625245
- writing to us at Dorfold Hall, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 8LD
We will action any opt out request from you as soon as possible.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications, we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving such communications. If you opt out from receiving our marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes (i.e. if you unsubscribe, we will retain the necessary contact information for you to ensure that we do not contact you again, as per your wishes).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold.
Links to Other Sites
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
Analytics data we collect
The statistical information generated relating to our website is used to create internal reports about the use of our website.
For example, new and returning customers, session duration and bounce rates, types of device, browser and operating systems used to view our website, where visitors have been referred from e.g. Instagram and the top countries our website visitors are based.
IP addresses are anonymized on all Google Analytics hits, eCommerce hits, and form tracking hits.
Types of Cookies we use
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
This cookie registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website and has an expiration of 2 years. This helps us count how many people visit www.dorfold.com by tracking if you’ve visited before.
This cookie is used for throttling requests to Google Analytics. Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made.
This cookie registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data about how the visitor uses the website and has an expiration of 24 hours. This helps us count how many people visit www.dorfold.com by tracking if you’ve visited before.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer.
Deleting cookies can have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check this page frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.