Wedding FAQs


How many guests does your venue hold?

Our venue holds up to 160 seated guests.

Does your venue have minimum numbers?

We have minimum numbers of 80 guests for all weddings held at Dorfold Hall.

Do you hold winter weddings?
Yes, we most certainly do! More information on venue pricing for winter weddings is available within our “A Winter’s Tale” section of the brochure.
Do you hold New Years’ Eve weddings?
New Years’ Eve weddings are possible, as well as some dates around Christmas, please enquire with one of the team for more information on pricing.
Does your venue allow fireworks?
Yes, however please note as we are only allowed two per year, this is given a first-come first-serve basis and we advise couples to book this with their confirmation of the venue hire if available.
How much parking do you have?
Our car park can accommodate in excess of 100 cars.
Can guests leave their cars overnight?
Yes, but we do ask that the cars are collected no later than by 10am the day after the wedding.
Do you hold weddings all year around?

Yes we are be able to host weddings all year round.

Does your venue allow dogs?
Dogs are allowed for the ceremony and reception drinks. They must be on a lead at all times.  Due to the delicate nature of the historic house and associated cottages, their fabric and the artefacts within, we are unable to allow pets to stay overnight; however, we can recommend dog-sitters.
Do you have WiFi?

WIFI is available in all event spaces, as well as the Hall and cottages.

Do you have a PA system?
Yes, we have a PA system available for both the ceremony and wedding breakfast. This can be used for speeches and to play music from a mobile phone or tablet. We also will have a state of the art sound system to ensure that the music in the evening is extraordinary!
Can we hire the venue for multiple days?
Yes, please see our brochure for prices on extending your stay with us and also our three day ‘Weekend Extravaganza’.
Are we allowed garden games?
Yes, we provide croquet but you are more than welcome to bring alternative garden games as long as they do not damage our grass. Ball games are restricted to the lower Sough Lawn to protect the windows!!
Can we bring our own dancefloor?

L’Ecurie has a dedicated space for your band and dancing area in the evening, including a dance floor. However, if you would prefer to hire in your own dancefloor, that is no problem at all.  Please contact the team to discuss costs associated with this.


Are tables and chairs included for the wedding breakfast?
Yes, they are included in the price. Do check with us the type of tables and chairs we offer. If they are not suitable you can hire in your own if necessary.
Do you provide any venue décor such as chair covers or table centres?
No, we do not provide this service, but we are happy to recommend companies we have worked with in the past and who can do this for you.
Is linen included in the venue hire?
No, this will be included in the quote provided by your caterer.  Please speak to your caterer for any questions regarding linen hire.
Do you allow coaches on site?

Any vehicles over 10 feet (which includes larger coaches) will need to enter via an alternative entrance to the main drive, due to height restrictions. 

Are children allowed?

Yes, however, please note that certain restrictions apply in terms of which accommodation we can offer for different age groups, and in which  part of the Hall and Cottages.  Please enquire for more details.   

Is your venue exclusive?

Yes, you will have completely exclusivity of the Hall, associated event spaces, for the duration of your hire of the venue.

Do you provide a wedding coordinator?

Yes, one of our amazing coordinators will be assigned specifically to you, to help you every step of the way

Do you have air conditioning in L’Ecurie?
What time can we arrive on the wedding day?

This depends on the day of the week that you have booked, but the bridal party are always granted earlier access, generally from 10am if you are not staying on-site the night before. Please contact us for more details and schedules.

Can we set up our own decorations?
Yes, a suitable time can be arranged with your wedding manager. Timings and dates depend on when other events are being held on other days.


Do you have on-site accommodation?

Yes, up to 22 guests can stay on site including yourselves, spread between 10 guests in the Hall and 12 guests in cottages a stone’s throw away from the Hall.  


Can we bring in our own caterer?

The Cheshire Dining Experience is our sole accredited caterer at Dorfold Hall unless you have specific religious requirements. Please enquire directly for further details.

Can we provide our own drinks?

The Estate Boys provide ALL of the drinks for your wedding. For the hall and cottages, Dorfold Hall can provide drinks for those staying on-site.  Please see our Drinks Menu for more information. In our accommodation, you will be able to bring in your own alcohol for whilst you are getting ready, subject to our corkage fees.

What time does the bar and music finish?
Our licence finishes at 12am with all guests needing to be off-site by 12.30am.
Can we have a late night extension?
This may be a possibility subject to availability – please ask us for more details.


Is your venue licensed for weddings?

Yes, we are fully licensed to host civil weddings in both the Coach House and South Lawn for up to 160 guests. For more intimate weddings, you can also occasionally hold your ceremony in our Morning Room or Drawing Room within the main Hall.

For information on our local Registrars or Churches, please click here.

Can we hold our wedding outside?

Yes! We are licenced for civil ceremonies on the South Lawn, as long as the official documentation is signed indoors after the ceremony.  Please contact us for further information.

How many guests can you seat for your ceremony?

Our maximum capacity is 160 guests either in the Coach House or in the Gardens.


Do you allow bands?

Yes, you can bring in either a band or DJ, or both, this is completely up to you! We do ask that any suppliers provide us with a copy of their PLI (Public Liability Insurance) and PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) certificates.

Do you allow external caterers for evening food?

Yes, however as above, they will need to provide their Food Safety certificates along with their PLI and PAT certificates.

Can we bring our own suppliers?

Yes, apart from the caterers and the bar.